What object in the sky always bites you in the ass when you try to image it? Endless cloudy nights, dew problems, focus issues, equipment failures… A lot of us have one object that continues to elude us year after year. We look on Astrobin or Instagram, see everyone’s beautiful images of this object and want to tackle it ourselves, but every time out the Gremlins start to work their way into our imaging session. I wouldn’t rush to say that everyone has some object they just can’t seem to capture, despite good planning and preparation, but I’m sure there are a lot of us out there with one object that just pisses us off, night after night and year after year.Read more
How to diagnose and treat Obsessive Hobby Disorder.
If you can check off just one of the symptoms on the list below, you probably have OHD.
- Do you check the clear sky chart before planning date-night with your significant other?
- Do you find family time sidetracked by staring at a computer screen monitoring your mount’s tracking?
- Do you wake up in the middle of the night, and instead of going right back to sleep, look outside to see if the sky is clear?
- Have you ever called in sick to work because you were up all night imaging?
- Do you START drinking coffee at 8PM because the sky is clear?
- Do you disassemble, re-grease and test your mount because, Saturday?
- Do you plan out the next 6 months of imaging wile you’re at work?
- Is your bank account’s primary purpose to fund your next piece of astrophotography gear?